Tuesday 23 December 2014

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Other Christmas-type games.

I've been in a few long-running games that saw the year turn, so Christmas happened at least in passing, usually before the game broke for the holidays but sometimes after it resumed due to slowness. There was the odd relevant plot, but not a lot. I've been tempted to do more.

I don't think he's 100% keen.

I looked in on New Bremen at the holidays but mostly just to say hi to people, everybody was naturally a bit busy for plotting. Just working out what your PC gives other characters could be fun, though.

As my imaginary WOD online game commentary moves with the seasons (at least in theory, I only started in November) I'm dropping in the odd idea for a WOD Christmas, from hunting in cold weather to Dexterity penalties for ice to vampires having solstice parties at Elysium to angelic visitations.

This goes back to the tradition of ghost stories for Christmas. A Christmas Carol is the most famous example because it's really seasonal and upbeat, but most were just meant for a good scare around the fire in the dark. We usually have creepy one-shots around Hallowe'en and light-hearted ones around Christmas, but being creepy I'm always tempted to go the other way.

1 comment: