Sunday 8 November 2020

From The Ashes 2

Vampire: The Masquerade
From The Ashes

There weren't many anarchs in Phoenix, though the number was growing. The Prince kept tight control on the city center, he made a show of the hospitality of Elysium but he was old enough to remember what the revolt was like in California.

Rain and Ella brought Dalton and Laura to a motel to meet with Gloria, the de facto leader of the movement.

"We just need someplace to stop for the summer," Laura said.
"And have the baby?"
"Could be. Normally I'd have a couple months but... who knows?"

One of Gloria's men got her a chair.

"One more vampire, not a big ask. Two, okay. But a Thin-Blood and a baby? The Prince hears about that and that could get us all killed." Then she smiled. "I know a place."

Rain and Ella guided the new arrivals to a shuttered doctor's office in one of the westerly neighborhoods.

"No staff, but all the facilities you can ask for. And a storage center to sleep in. And someplace to park a car." Rain shrugged.
"Thanks I hate it." Laura smiled grimly.
"Should we be expecting the father to show up?" Ella asked gently.
"Unlikely." She rested a hand on her belly. "I don't think he'll ever even know. Better that way."

Dalton scouted through the facility, and returned to Rain. "So who else do I need to worry about?"
"Guess I should introduce you to the downtown crew. Just you for now."
"My trust only extends so far."
"You wanna move the girl someplace I don't know first, go right ahead."
"Let's try that tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment