Sunday 4 January 2015

Victorian Gothic

Pictures from Crimson Peak, Guillermo Del Toro's Victorian Gothic Ghosty Romance movie starring Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska (so that's half the vampires from Only Lovers Left Alive) as well as Jessica Chastain and Charlie Hunnam (and Doug Jones as a monster) would almost certainly have my attention even if it wasn't all super-Gothic-ed up Victorian.

Bustles! Frock coats! Top hats! Veils!

Between classic novels, 80s Goth and BBC Dickens adaptations, I might not want to live in the late 19th century but I certainly want to play there.

I have never had a chance to play this.
But it seems like the only games anyone around here runs set in the 19th century are about airship pirates. Which are fine, but not what I'm after. I want brooding, people!

When and where would you like to play? Any supplements you've always wanted to use?

No comments:

Post a Comment