Tuesday 13 January 2015

World Of Darkness: Something Really Obscure

What's the weirdest niche game you ever played in a big setting?

One of the things I miss about Old New Bremen was that the size of the player base meant that some pretty niche games could and did happen. And I don't just mean niche groups with books like Mummy: The Resurrection or Clan Giovanni here, although I had fun with those too. I mean medical drama with added monsters, spoiled blood going missing on the way to proper disposal, highly suspect promotions... Just about every location on that list had its own PCs, from the police department (with its own chat icon) to the hospital to the high school ever so slightly influenced by Buffy to the City Hall rife with corruption.

My main character (you know her name) got absorbed into sort of high society and high Fame through friendship and love, and that was a different view of the setting as well.

I'd happily pick up the Central Hospital chronicle and run it now, if I could get enough keen players. Or the high society Vampires. The tightish focus and different genre clashing with the familiar really made it stand out.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy: "... the high school ever so slightly influenced by Buffy..." You think? LOL

    ReplyDelete